Destiny Hospice & Palliative Care is looking for qualified medical social workers in the San Diego area!
Are you a dynamic medical social worker? We are seeking someone uniquely gifted in social work with experience in hospice and palliative care. Destiny prides itself in allowing its employees to increase their skills by offering progressive training opportunities.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Sick, & Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Comprehensive Training
- Flexible Schedule
- Annual Evaluations
- Tech Equipment to Be provided
Territories to Cover – San Diego County
Your Role as a Medical Worker
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients, families, and caregivers pertinent to the patient’s terminal diagnosis and environment and reports findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team. Provides an assessment in the patient’s identified residence and assistance when it is not safe and another plan is required.
- Carries out social evaluations and plan interventions based on evaluation findings. Counsel patients and family/caregivers as needed concerning stress and other identified coping difficulties.
- Serves as liaison between patients, families/caregivers, and community agencies.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with organization personnel to support patient care.
- Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patients and personnel.
- Participates in the development of individualized plans of care and regularly attends scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings.
- Assists physicians and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems and death/dying issues.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Other duties as delegated by the Clinical Supervisor/Nursing Supervisor.
- A graduate of a master’s program in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Meets personnel qualifications stated in §418.114(b)(3).
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in healthcare, hospice, or home health experience. Understands hospice philosophy and issues of death/dying.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification.
- Bilingual preferred.
If interested, please complete our application form using the link below:
We have created an environment that respects and provides the proper implementation of social distancing. We provide PPE for all staff if necessary.